Sunday, July 27, 2008

Triathalon

So I raced this weekend and it felt really good. I took 8th in my age division and 221st overall with a finish time of 2:00:56. (My goal was under 2 hours and by my watch I made it.) The swim was one of my best yet, even though I got kicked so hard it brought tears to my eyes (or would have if I wasn't face down in the lake. If you want to see the bruise just ask... ) I was in and out of the water in 16:00 minutes flat. The bike course had about 16 more hills than I remembered and took more than an hour. I made up serious time on the run though with two miles under 8 minutes. I did all 4.5 miles in 39 minutes so I'm quite pleased.
Some of you may have heard the story of the dad who has finished an Iron Man with his handicapped son. (I you haven't you have to see this video http://www.myteamtriumph.org/) They raced this sprint tri in preparation for their next big one and that was fun to be a part of. It increased the number of cheering spectators if nothing else!
The results are posted here if you know anyone else who did it. It was the "Tri Del Sol" http://www.tridelsol.com/index.php Thanks to all who were cheering me on. My next one will be slightly less competitive at Cran Hill.

1 comment:

The Olupot's said...

sounds like you had a good time and were super fast. we better start finding the hilliest routes to sparta to work on your hill biking some for the next one... keep up the good work