Monday, September 22, 2008

Never lasts....

My contentment never lasts. For roughly a month now I've been content in my current circumstances. In retrospect though I've been "uncomfortable". I've spent many of the last weeks of summer boiling my water, hunting for fire wood, running and biking long hours and working for each meal while sleeping out in the damp with bugs and being generally uncomfortable- and happier than I am at any other time. Now as life gets comfortable again I'm not seeking my Savior's face as often and am more discontent. Beckie was talking today about Show Mercy Uganda. http://www.showmercy.org/ Rumor has it they are building a clinic and will need nurses. Maybe I'll go with Beckie when she goes the middle of next year. I can have more than enough funds raised by then and will have been at SW about a year. Maybe I should talk to God about this and get His take on it....

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hey Jennifer,
I'm sorry to hear you are so discontent here, but glad that you've had some opportunities this summer to live more rustically. I found the artists who sing "There Is None Like You (In The Garden)." WCSG played it tonight. They are Watermark w/ Shane & Shane. Thought I'd pass it on since it's been bugging me ever since you asked me. I'm keeping you in my prayers. Love,
Kathy