Sunday, December 4, 2011

In the Desert

I'm struggling a bit, feeling disconnected and disjointed... possibly as evidenced by my lack of writing. Or caused by it- correlation or causation?  Anyway, I have four short weeks left in Michigan, though I'm in Indiana as I write tonight. Yesterday I was in California (all of this moving around may have something to do with my feelings of detachment) and had some time in the desert. It snowed, which seems strange as I was just outside of Los Angles but kind of appears fitting as I can't seem to get away from the cold.
I've loved being withso many friends and family and supporters but I'm afraid I've become more of an introvert than before I headed to Uganda (is that possible?!?) and I feel like I need to recharge and decompress or retreat and process but I just don't want to miss out on any time with people. I don't know how to strike a balance. Please just keep praying.  
* Addendum- turns out I was in Illinois. Thank you for bringing it to my attention. 


 

No comments: