Friday, September 27, 2013

Well drilling

So much good stuff going on! I'm so busy I really don't have time for a good update but here are a few pictures to tide you over while I catch up.
We are digging wells in Karamoja!! The village where this crew is working (Lormoruchabi) is in desperate need of clean water so we can't wait for it to be functional. Please pray! They are doing it all by hand and it is HARD work. They are far from any access to their supplies, transportation, parts, equipment, etc...
 


 
Cold rainy mornings!
 

My next few days are very full teaching days (in Teso not Karamoja) and if I finish with enough hours of daylight left I can go back up tomorrow afternoon to bring them more supplies and see how the progress is going. Please pray for teaching today and tomorrow, that the community will be open and receptive. It is an area I don't have many relationships yet and a new language group (Kabermido) but they invited me and I am excited to see what God has in store.

Walked with the kids to get water from their current source.


The long walk home.

New drilling site. Hit an impenetrable rock layer in the first and second one.
 I also need lots of prayer at the moment. When I get so busy traveling, preparing lessons, packing and working I neglect my source. But it is when I'm so busy I need time with Him more.  Pray that I don't miss important interactions with people in my busyness and that I would be attuned to the Holy Spirit speaking to me.
Thanks for your support everyone!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jennifer, I read that when you get busy you neglect your source, please know that I will be standing in the gap for you. I am praying that the language barriers be erased, the people will be eager to hear and to learn what you are lead to teach, and you will have enough to get you through the day.

In Christ,
Cathy Scible
(Part of e3 Kisoro 2013)