Thursday, August 13, 2009

Be still

So... what is going on now? I've begun counting the days until Beckie and I leave for training. Less than a month now (27 days) . I'm struggling though what seems like a huge pile of books to read and papers to write. I'm trying to process what God is teaching. I'm working as many hours as I can pick up while spending extra time in devotion. It all seems just slightly overwhelming right now... The funny thing is that I think God is telling me to stop striving, be still. Psalm 46:10. Know that He is God. Know that I am loved. Not because of what I do, or what I accomplish. That I can never, never do enough or be enough to earn His love. And, most of the time, I'm not trying to earn it. I just whan to say thank you, that I appreciate His grace. But, even then I can't do enough. So, stop striving. Be still. *sigh* I'm working on it....

No comments: