Friday, August 28, 2009

Just need a run...

It has been a while since I've needed this particular medium to unwind- though I feel like unwind is far to mild of a word. Ever since I've messed up this ankle I've felt so pent up... and it just keeps penting. I know, not really a word, bite me. See? There you go. Far to pent up. I need a release so badly. So here I am, just trying to unwind. Just like a good run to clear my mind and get ready to sleep. Lacing up the shoes now and headed out the door. My thoughts are so rapid, pretty much like my foot steps the first few minutes. Take off down the side of the road. Work tonight was crazy. I didn't get nearly enough done today before I went in. And all the stuff that I thought maybe I'd be able to do at work, what a joke, just too busy today. Should have known better, it's a Thursday. Wonder how that kid is doing? I really wish she would have stopped seizing. The ambulance couldn't have arrived sooner. I hate taking care of kids. But, wait isn't that what I'm signing up to do in Uganda? What have I gotten myself into?! I'm not cut out for this! O.K. Breathing is too hard, still warming up. Slow down a little, there you go, tuck into my stride. That feels better. Why do I always do that my first half mile? Deep breaths, keep slowing the breathing down. Unwinding. Tomorrow, have to pick up my computer. Longer strides, stretch it out. Still have 6 of those papers to write and submit. And those other ones to edit one more time. Got to get that computer on the internet right away to get those turned in. Finally sweating. Still holding a good stride. Also got to get that letter going for people on the support list. I really need to get that in the mail before I leave. Have to make that a priority. There is time left though, I can still get it all done. Turn left up here. Just before that street light that is always out, those kids are always just sitting there smoking and cursing. Don't need any trouble. Tomorrow I have to move all that donated stuff into storage too. Carmen is getting me so much stuff to bring. I wonder if I'm going to be able to get this stuff in country? I can't wait to give it to those who really need it though. It'll be so worth it. Starting the hill. I hate this climb. My quads, every time. Keep your head up. The top of the hill is just there. Little more... its a good burn. Should call Beckie tomorrow. Gotta get the oil changed in the car before we head to Chicago too. Wonder if one of the brothers has time. So, down the hill or straight? 25 minutes, guess thats about enough. Time to start to cool down and call it a night. Back toward the house I guess. Oh, the house. It needs so much work still. And tenants! I've got to get some people back into it. I just don't know who, just don't have enough time. But I don't have the money for it to sit empty either. Money! I've never spent so much time worrying about money before! I know God will provide. He called me to it, He will take care of it. Need only another $1,500 for training. But $40,000 after that. Not until later, there is still time. One step at a time. Back on my street. Slow to a walk. Sweaty. Good. Stretch for a minute. Feels so good. Nice to just sit here.... quiet.... both in my head and out. Much better. If only....

No comments: