Sunday, September 13, 2009

100% in 100 days

I'm trying to get into the habit of posting frequently again... feel like I have a lot to do to prepare for class Monday but this is as good a reason as any to procrastinate some more. My brain is a little fried but I'll try to make this coherent. Anyway....

Fundraising!
So I made it through our VERY intense fundraising seminar. Nearly 18 hours of lecture crammed into 2 days. But it was all good material. I feel like I finally know how to tackle this huge undertaking of $40,000 and $3,000 per month that has to be raised before we can get to Soroti.
I know God will provide. Beckie and I are trusting for 100% of our funds raised in 100 days. Watch out. I will be calling you up! I'm looking for "vicarious rope holders". Could that be you?
I was reminded again and again that I am not begging for money. I am offering people the opportunity to invest in the great comission and join God in the work that He is doing!
I'm trusting God to do really big things in the next 4 months. I have to admit I'm asking big thinks of Him but I'm also learning that He is honored by the magnitude of our requests. They acknowledge how amazing He really is. He told us (James 4:2) "You do not have because you do not ask."
We can't do what only God can do but He won't do what He's asked us to do!

No comments: