Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Caught off guard

I remember this happening last year too. It seems that in one week the daily temps here begin to exceed 100 degrees and the sun begins to feel unrelenting and bakes the earth and everything begins to  turn brown and die and it dawns on us that suddenly the hot, dry season is upon us. And it correlates strangely with your "arctic blasts" and I'm actually jealous of about .5 inches of your snow. Not the scraping and slipping and frigidness of it but there is something about all that sharp bite to the air and the crunch of snow that I wish we had here.
I'm not sure I'm ready to spend the next three months flossing the dust out of my teeth, sweating through my sheets at night and wondering if I'm just mildly dehydrated or critically dehydrated. Really wasn't intending to complain today. Just to have you all appreciate your weather just a little bit.

No comments: