Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The parent's trip

So my mom and dad left late last night for the airport. They said goodbye to the kids in the evening as they tucked them into bed. I cried all over again when this morning, after I arrived back at Benj and Christina's house, Ellie asked me why Grandma and Grandpa didn't come back from the guesthouse with me.
We had a great time doing fun stuff like two nights on an island on the Nile. And playing hours of Legos and barbies. The adults played hours of card games and board games. (Our current favorites are Castles of Mad King Ludwig and 7 Wonders, both of which I highly recommend.)
But don't worry, it wasn't all fun and games.













We also made them work very hard. Mom and I packed birth kits and I made her work two shifts in the clinic. We even had a laboring mother and could have done a delivery but everyone (my mom included) decided it was better if we just brought her to the hospital. We spent several hours making 34 jars of salsa and prepared several meals for my freezer.

Dad spent hours welding, mixing cement, digging holes, hanging lights, rewiring several things, fixing door frames, knocking out walls and hanging a hammock.
Mom and Dad also both preached on Sunday.















The highlight of my mother's trip was going to the Jinja Snake park. (Actually we dragged her along kicking and screaming.) See this weak little fence and small piece of plywood between them and this 650 kg/ 1000+ lb monster?  This is only one of many reasons she didn't want to go. Ellie was most interested in the donkeys and Grandma was OK with that. 


Overall it was a really nice time and was over far too soon. 

No comments: