Monday, August 14, 2017

I've been really cut off lately. I got a new smart phone while in the US and it should have been rather straight forward to get it connected to a Ugandan network. But nothing in this country is straight forward. I needed to do a sim swap and went daily to the network shop and initially they didn't have 4G cards to sell. Then the cards arrived and the staff person who knows how to swap wasn't working and they weren't sure when she would be back. Then finally (after several days off) she showed up for work and she said their internet network wasn't fast enough to do it. Which, I should have seen that coming because for the first two weeks here I've had no internet to speak of. I mean, I paid 300,000/= (about $125) for data on my modem and it connected but it was too slow to even connect to e-mail. But, seems like I didn't actually want to be following the news this week anyway.

No comments: