Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Show Mercy International

So the application has been sent, tickets are being purchased, I know where my passport is and I've even started packing. But I need to defend that last one. I was putting away the summer clothes to make room for the sweaters and thinking that I may want some tanks and skirts left out for the equator IF I go. And because I was leaving them out where better to put them than in the bag that I MIGHT be needing... lets face it, by the time I admitted to myself that I was packing I could admit to myself that the decision had been made. I'm going to Uganda in January!!! (http://www.showmercy.org/)
The place where I'll be serving this time is an orphanage outside of the capital city of Kampala. For those who still read this and occasionally pray for me I'd really appreciate it if you would lift this up. Also my brother Ben and his wife Christina are thinking of going but finances are much tighter for them. We all are trusting that this is what God is calling us to even with the economy the way that it is...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! How long are you going to be in Uganda?
Kathy

AnneMarie, Eric and Katie (Chauncy too!) said...

Wowzers that is AWESOME Jen!