Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snowed in

Some times I think God wants us to be snowed in. In my head I know that Sunday is to be a day of rest and even with my words I attest to this but rarely do my actions confirm. Well, this past Sunday God said "You will rest." I was snowed in, along with the rest of the city and all my plans for the day needed to be set aside (and don't worry- I had lots of plans for the day). I live close enough to my family right now that we managed to all be snowed in together. We made cookies, took naps, had meals and watched movies- some may say we "wasted" a day- we certainly didn't accomplish much with only 3 shopping days until Christmas. But it felt great. Thank you Lord for snowing me in. Help me be "snowed in" and enjoy the great gifts that you have given me more often.

No comments: