Thursday, March 12, 2009

People

Was listening to this song by Chris Rice a few minutes ago, a good reminder for me and I thought maybe you too.... Here are a few of the words that grabbed me:

Every day is a bank account
And time is our currency
So nobody's rich, nobody's poor
We get 24 hours each
So how are you gonna spend
Will you invest, or squander
Try to get ahead
Or help someone who's under

Teach us to count the days
Teach us to make the days count

Lead us in better ways
That somehow our souls forgot
Life means so much

Was God pleased with all of my minutes yesterday? After all, He gave them to me. The good news is today is a new chance. May He be pleased with today's few hours. May I remember that all life that He gave has value. Both my life and all of the lives that He put around me. They all have value. And I have a few minutes to give to each so I will do my best.

I needed this reminder right now. In the last 10 days- I have worked 9 shifts of at least 8 hours- several were a lot longer. Lets say I see 20 people a shift- UC is seeing far more but the other nurse takes half. But most patients bring at least one other person.... anyway- round numbers I came in contact with 200 people.... Did I do what God asked of me with all of those interactions?

I found myself getting easily frustrated with people last night... but I have a few minutes that I can give, that we given to me. How am I using these few minutes? People were seeking my help for one reason or another, what am I offering?

This was good. I needed an attitude check. Thanks for listening to me. Now, if you have to come see me tonight I will be slightly more empathetic.... God has given so much to me, I have so much to share.

I'm guessing you do too. Good luck.

No comments: