Monday, April 27, 2009

Surrender

One of the first things that God told me this weekend was I needed to surrender....again. I think He needed to get me to a place that I would be ready to listen. So here is more of my mental wandering because I suspect God wants the same of you.

sur*ren*der
[suh-ren-der]- verb
1. to yield (something) to the possession or power of another; deliver up possession of on demand or under duress:
2. to give (oneself) up as in to some influence, course, emotion, etc.


3. to give up, abandon, or relinquish (comfort, hope, etc.).
4. to yield or resign (an office, privilege, etc.) in favor of another.

So I'm sure you see where I'm going with this.

God says I need to surrender:

My plans. "But God! I have these because of you!" "Yes, but you are very attached to them. Are you willing to give them up if I ask something else?"

My hopes and dreams. "Give these up too?! Why?" "You are very focused on the future. What about what I'm doing right here and now?"

My fears and worries. "Sure that is easy Lord. They are all yours." "Really? You seem to say you are laying them down but then you pick that burden right back up. I want you to REALLY yield them to me. You have nothing to fear."

My money and my time. "Oh, boy. This too?" "I gave you all that you have. Technically they are already mine. Sometimes I'm not happy about how you spend either. If I ask you to give them back to me it will be for something better!"

My pride "Do we really need to go there?" "Yes. You are pretty full of yourself at times. I would rather you be full of me."

I have some things to work on....

No comments: