Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Fear

So... I said it out loud for the first time yesterday. I'm scared. I always knew the fear was there but it was not until I was trying to explain why I had not yet officially told my boss... I mean he knew I was planning on leaving but no dates had really been discussed. I'm scared to actually quit. I have a great job, friends at work, a good income, I really like nursing. I don't want to quit. On top of that once I quit, it is like there's no going back. Really, there is no going back anyway, this is what God has told me to do, and I really want to do it and I'm really excited- most of the time. Just once in a while I'm gripped by fear. This is no short term mission trip that I can come home from and go back to life. This will be life. And a good one, but a little scary.
So, now I'm struggling with the fear. I've promised myself- this week I will talk to my boss.

No comments: