Wednesday, June 3, 2009

15 weeks

I had a couple of thoughts today that, like a song that plays over and over in your head, would just not leave me alone. Initially these things were like two different songs that I kept flipping back and forth between. You know, like the Kit Kat bar "Gimme a break" commercial and YMCA. But as the day progressed I couldn't stop mulling and the two became the related, then practically the same thought. Really, just more annoing than before because now I couldn't switch back and forth. So, here I am writing about it to just get it all out. Thought I started the day with:

My "to do" list. Urgent vs Important. The world lies to us all the time. It leads me to think that things that are I do are Important by confusing me with Urgent. My house is not as well kept as it should be. The world says that its appearance is important. Is it really? If Jesus were to come see my house would he look down on the fact that I have not cut my grass? Or maybe I should have spent more time just talking with my neighbor. What is actually Important? What lies have I listened to and convinced myself are Urgent? What on my to do list is actually Important? What isn't on there that actually should be? This goes around and around in my head. I don't really know the answers to these questions that I'm asking myself so I try to distract myself with another thought:

15 weeks until I leave for training. Less than 90 days really. So much to do! Everything from setting up an Executor/ Trustee of my estate (I kind of like saying that) to writing a will (really?! Like I've got anything of any value), immunization record and physical on file and a long term work visa through the Ugandan embassy and stuff into storage and stuff to go (what do you take when you are leaving for more than 2 years?!) And fundraising! Lets not even go there!15 weeks! You can see how this could go around and around in your head for a while.

See how these ideas can merge though? What am I supposed to be learning here?

1 comment:

Storman Norm said...

Oh Hello my friend, you got it right, the world does lie to us. It is nice that our house and yard look good, but relationship's with people are so much more important, you got it right.
Looking forward to seeing you in Uganda.
Norm.