Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sitting on His lap


I've been thinking about intimacy with God so much this last week. I have been trying to spend more time with Him at the start of the day, getting into the bible more. But the only change I was noticing was more guilt!
Then I spent the weekend hiking. Solitude, quite, few distractions- God had my attention. I felt God encouraging me to come to Him as a child. 1 John 3:1&2 How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him. Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. Go to the God of the universe as a child?! I crawled up onto my Father's lap. He held me and reminded me that He paid the sacrifice that I don't have to live with the guilt! He reminded me to enjoy life like a child. Stop worrying. Know His joy. Trust that He has only the best in store for me. And most of all stop trying to figure it all out, to understand all of this and to earn anything! What a great reminder. I want to encourage you to climb up into your Heavenly Father's lap and hear Him say to you how much He loves you too!

No comments: