Sunday, March 7, 2010

learning

(*Warning- this post contains a lot of “nurse speak”. Sorry to my non-medical readers. )


Whoa! Just left L&D and my brain is about to explode... In the last 12 hours I’ve been involved in 2 forceps deliveries, 3 normal vaginal deliveries, 1 bleeding VBAC 8/7, an urgent c-section with an 1,000 EBL, an IUFD at 25 weeks, a 36 week baby who was 4 lbs., several triaged and sent home and 3 patients who’s primary language was not English. I feel marginally more prepared, but it is a small margin. Once again a huge thanks to all of the nurses (and tech!) who are such good teachers!! 


On a slightly different note the fundraising has reached 90%.  Thank you so much to all of you who are praying for Beckie and I. We are looking very seriously at purchasing tickets that will put us in Uganda on April 6th.....

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Phew! I got exhausted just reading about your day! Great experiences....good job!