Saturday, March 13, 2010

Update

Time for an update- sorry, I've been busy with non-fundraising stuff... it was kind of nice and kind of necessary to take a small mental break from it all. Beckie and I had a friend staying with us for a few days.  She is preparing to go to the Middle East, also with International Teams. We did some backpacking and cooking and recharged together a little. Beckie's sister was also here so all the more reason to take a little break. But break the break is over. Next week we get back to it!
I have some prayer requests I would like to share:
1. The youngest child of the team that we are about to be joining is very sick and needed to be transported out of Uganda, is currently on dialysis and in an ICU in Kenya.  Please pray for him and his family!

2. Beckie and I are praying hard now about leaving April 5th. This is the third time we have had to push back our date and we really want to be there!  Please join us in praying that our fundraising would be completed and that we could get our tickets and go!

3. More than wanting to go though, we want to want what God wants. (Weird sentence, let me rephrase- We desire to long after the heart of God) Please pray that I'm not striving so hard to be in Africa that I'm missing what God wants of me right now.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Sending prayers your way that you receive the financial blessings you need and you are on your way April 5th! Looking forward to see you at breakfast in ONE week!
Kristin