Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Answers to prayer

God is so good! How did I even get nervous?! Over and over you show me that you will not only take care but that you will do it in amazing ways and yet over and over I need to be reminded. I'm sorry Lord for my lack of faith.



So look at this :
  • I started reading a family's blog after a co-worker who knew them told me about it. They live and work in Uganda and tell great stories. (This was before we were even thinking about SM, I was still on IIU) When I switched to Urgent care and mentioned going to Uganda a new co-worker mentioned she knew someone her church supports who works in Ugana. Turned out to be the blog that I was reading already. At church two weeks ago, after the service that they comissioned us, a lady there came up to me and was telling me about her neice who lives in Uganda but is here in GR because she is due shortly. The church lady gave me their phone number. So... you guessed it...same family. Too many coencidences so I called them up. She gave me a ton of good information about staying in Kampala and answered all of my questions. But then she mentioned that because their house is empty we could possibly stay there. She gave me the contact information of her brother-in-law who is currently there.....we are in the process of figuring all of that out .

  • Two people from our church stepped forward (without knowing anything had changed) and offered more funds that 48 hours ago we didn't know we needed. So the money we thought we were going to be short is already be covered.


  • A shift at work that I needed off at the last minute to get all of our ducks in a row because of the changes was covered without a problem.


  • My sister-in-law didn't melt down nearly as badly as I did! Christina you are awesome!

I just needed to confess my dependance and God took over all of the problems that we didn't even really have. But I still can't help but worry about the details that we still don't have ironed out. Why do we have such a hard time trusting?!



No comments: