Monday, January 5, 2009

Dependance

Whoa! So my pre-trip anxiety has about tripled in the last 24 hours. We leave in only a week- only 7 days- only 168 hours (but less than 96 of those hours awake and not at work!) I have so much left to do! But really that is not where my nervousness is coming from because I always manage to get it all done. No, it is actually that less of our plans for the second half of our trip are as solid as we thought. That may be putting it mildly- NONE of the plans for once the team leaves are existent. So after having a tiny meltdown (my #1 coping method- I went for a run where the first mile felt like an olympic sprint before I collapsed) I came back to my senses. I believe without a shadow of a doubt that we are doing what God has called us to. Just because I don't know what is going to happen three weeks from now, that doesn't change. He has provided, directed and taken care of us up to this point. Why would that stop on January 27th? So, we are getting a lesson in Faith.

Today in my journal I wrote "Lord, I confess my dependence on you! I lay all of this at your feet." But as I was re-reading my writing I couldn't help but pause- how is this any different than any other minute of my life. I dependant on Him for every breath, ALL that I have. Here I just feel like I've got Meijer backing me up. But it is all God. All that other "stuff" could be gone in a second. So we are about to learn some lessons in depending on God.

Please be praying for us and what God is directing us to for that second half of our trip! Pray for our faith, our dependence and God's leading. Maybe He is going to use this to do something amazing.

1 comment:

Life 102 said...

Kragt,
Good luck with the trip! I'll be thinking of you over there. Stay safe and healthy and I'll catch up with you when you get back.
Love jenn