Sunday, January 18, 2009

Update

So I know that I said that I would post on Sunday so I got up early- It is still Sunday for you. I'll post twice to make up for it....
So, where to begin- It feels like we have done so much already. On Saturday we took all of the Hope kids to an "amusement park". I put that in quotes because it is NOT what you are picturing. But the kids loved it- all 98 of them. (That by the way is a lot of kids- I'm drawing from my camp counselor bag of tricks more than I would have thought possible.) Yesterday we spoke at several churches, delivered food and soap to the jail and had time to talk with the inmates. They are all where they are until they have their sentencing but some may be there for months. After dark we went back to Hope and showed a movie to the kids and village adults. (mike brought a projector so it was "big screen") I'm running out of time! I'll post again Tues.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi all. WCSG will be in Uganda starting Jan 20 for a few days promoting kids and orphanage. You might have gone 1/2 way around the world to see raido personality from GR. dad k