Saturday, May 23, 2009

Hard part

So this is the hardest part about getting ready to leave and head to Africa...
I just found out today that my brother and sister-in-law are expecting their first child! I'm going to be an aunt! I don't want to miss any of it! I want to be here to meet this new one and watch them figure out how to be parents and baby sit and be the crazy-cat-aunt and help them get in trouble and help them get out of trouble (both the kid and my siblings!) and... well you know... I want to do all of it! I don't want to be a couple thousand miles away!
God, I'll give up my house, all my comforts, I'll live where it is hard and it hurts, I'll do the work and give all I've got but I don't what to sacrifice this!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on becoming an aunt!

Melissa Anne Brown said...

hey girl. i love reading about how you are doing and how God is working in your life.

i know how hard it is to leave your family and friends. and sometiems you can get wrapped up in all of the sacrifices you have to make to further God's kingdom over seas. BUT do not forget the good stuff too! :) you are goin to make such a HUGE difference overseas, there is a reason and purpose why God wants you to do, think of all the peopel you are going to meet and how much stronger this trip will make you be in God.

GOD WILL BLESS YOU FOR SUBMITTING TO HIS WILL! :)

love ya!

melissa.