Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Walking in the woods

So I was trying to think about this as a life application lesson but I got nothing. It is really just for fun.
I've been walking trying to walk the past few days to think and pray and I take Clementine with me. However, our last two walks have been... well... Usually she is very good. Comes right away when I call, well behaved on and off the leash. We usually walk in the woods and we have scared up deer and rabbits and squirrels without any issues. But she has shown her true colors with birds. Yesterday it was ducks on the Grand River. Took one look and dove in after them. The good news is, as I was figuring out how to get my 150lbs out on the ice to pull her back in she ended up far enough downstream to where she could get herself out. No harm done except that my car windows have a thick layer of frost inside because we sat in the car while she warmed up and dried off. Today, I intentionally chose a park with no ducks and no water. But she found some turkeys. Lots of turkeys. Big ones. She even managed to get one in her mouth before she figured out that she had no idea what to do with it. The turkey easily won that fight and will clearly live to make some other dog's life miserable. And we added lots of little bits of feathers to the mess in my car. Now it smells like wet dog AND wet bird.

No comments: