Monday, February 21, 2011

Racing

I find myself preparing to compete in a Triathlon again....
I think God knew that I needed the focus of training right now. The race is one month away. I'm hoping for the Sprint but attempting the Olympic distance training. Last time they held this race they increased the distances two weeks before so I'd like to be prepared for anything.
What I'd like:
400 m swim
20 km bike
5 km run
Goal: finish under two hours.


But what I expect:
1500 m swim (I'm sure to drown, I think I've been swimming 8 times since moving to Uganda)
40 km bike (if I manage to drag myself out of the water still breathing this three hours on my bike is sure to do me in)
10 km run (if by some fluke I make it this far this 6 miles of running in the noon heat/sun will be the end of me- it is 100 degrees in the sun this time of year.)
Goal: finish.


You can look forward to the story that is sure to be coming about this one....

1 comment:

Life 102 said...

oooo, goody! an African tri! Can't wait to hear the details and maybe see some pictures. Good luck and happy racing!! (p.s. I bet the swim isn't as bad as you think it will be... once your muscles get past that burning phase, it's smooth sailing)
Where is the swim? Are their crocodiles to be concerned about cuz I might be more concerned with their presence rather than when you can finish or not... just saying.
good luck!
jenn