Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dorothy

Dorthy is 5 years old, HIV positive, chronically sick and the size of a child two years younger. She is the sister of Dorcus. They, and two other brothers, live with their elderly grandmother in an abandoned mud home that is crumbling around them. Their mother is alive but lives in the village and is also HIV positive.  I know that I've written about them and her in various different posts but power is out and I only have a few more minutes of computer time so I'm trying to be quick. You will have to find the past posts yourself this time.
My good friend Kathy (from MI) works with kids around Dorothy's age and when I mentioned her a while back Kathy began praying, with her little charges, for  Dorothy. In the past few months Dorothy has been much less sick. She is still petite but her skin looks better, she has fewer fevers and is eating better. There is nothing here I can attribute to her improvement. This is a God thing! She absolutely would not look at the camera this morning but you can tell she is looking well. Thank you Kathy for being willing to let God use you in this way! It was a good reminder (again!) to me that I should not be so quick to rely on medicine and treatment. There was so little I could do for this girl.  I have been encouraging her grandmother to get her started on ARV's but they have not done it yet (which makes me really mad but that is all for a different post) and I only had her on a multivitamin but God is so much more powerful than anything medicine can do.   Thank you  to all of you others who also pray regularly for the work being done here. It isn't about us! It is all about God!

No comments: