Saturday, April 30, 2011

Orange juice

Side note- oranges here never get orange. They are still green when they are ripe.

On a much lighter note- while I was writing this morning a man came to the gate selling oranges. Looking at the kids playing in the yard I figured it would be a good snack. I sent the boys back to the gate with a basin and 5,000 shillings (about $2.50). They came back with 100 oranges. Oops, a few more than I figured. Worse they bit into one and told me they were sour and hard. Ummmm, some quick thinking gave them an hour project and me some more quite time while they worked. I gave them my lemonade recipe and had them start juicing. They seemed to have a good time if the mess was any indication and now I have 3 liters of juice in the fridge plus the (at least!) two liters they drank. Best 3 dollars I spent all week. 

No comments: