Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nothing much going on

Besides a few posts about animals I feel like I haven’t posted anything legit lately. So here is a partial attempt to bring anyone who cares up to speed.
It feels really strange in Soroti right now. Beckie is in the states, Bobby and Rachel are too. So are Tim and Angie and their kids. Heidi finished her time here in Uganda so she is back in New York and Jillian isn’t in Soroti for the next few weeks.
So what am I up to these days? I’m in Soroti and have no big projects going on. The rainy season has started and like everyone else around here I spend a few hours a day in my garden. I’ve planted all sorts of stuff like pumpkin, tomato, lettuce and herbs and can’t wait until they produce so that my vegetable selection is wider. I love working in the garden and getting muddy. I’m spending quite a bit of time with the neighbor kids and find myself adding “after-school-snacks” to my grocery list.  I like that my yard is a safe, fun place for them to be in the evenings. I’m not running, which I never handle well, but I suspect I damaged both IT bands in the tri so am trying to rest and let the knees and hips recover. I’ve gone to check on the twins and am hanging out a bit at Amecet with the nurses and babies there. (They are at capacity right now! Lots of babies and One more)  I guess that’s about it. There are other things that are just part of life- going out to the village with Helen, cleaning up ostrich poop, harvesting and preserving mangoes, reading, studying, praying, making bread. I realize as I write this I’m a little lonely but still filled with contentment. I like life here and am just enjoying the quiet while waiting for the next adventure to begin. 

2 comments:

Life 102 said...

Did you get new running shoes? Are there running stores there or do you have to shop online? hmmm.
Rest up, enjoy the quiet time. Glad you are well.
Jenn

Kathleen said...

There must be a big adventure coming up if God is giving you some down time! If you have a photo of Dorothy to post, I'll try to show it to my class. Praying for you all on the team, wherever you may be!