Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A taste of real Italian ice cream

So nothing to actually report today from Kampala except that I'm so mad at myself for not having my camera when Abraham had his first taste of ice cream.  We put a small bowl of it in front of him and he tasted it and screwed his face up. Then had another spoonful and tears came to his eyes. By the third spoon he was crying and still trying to eat. We we all laughing! Kids here are so programmed to eat what it given to them that he was trying even though he thought it was so cold it was physically painful.  I took his bowl away and he was just looking at me like he wasn't sure if he was happy or not. Then I handed him an orange instead and got a huge grin. Don't worry Abraham, I got the message: ice cream is not your thing.

No comments: