Sunday, December 19, 2010

Immigration

This is just a quick post to let you know I’m still here. We have really crummy internet right now and power less than 50% of the time. As a matter of fact as I write this I’m sitting in candle light praying that the internet is still working when I’m done writing and ready to post.
I had a wonderful birthday a few days ago and received some really neat gifts.  A pair of gum boots which look GREAT with my skirts I have to admit, an ostrich egg, a cattle prod (used to treat snake bites),  chocolate and a really cute cake with me and a crocodile on it. Pictures will follow soon.

The biggest reason that I’m fighting with the internet right now for 30 seconds of uninterrupted service is that I have a prayer request. My visa expires on the 25th of this month. The work of government officials, which is poor at best,  seems to craw to a standstill in the days leading up to Christmas. I figured I would go on the 27th but was told that there was no chance immigration will be open then. So I’m about to rush to Mbale tomorrow praying the whole way. But I’ve already been told that the official won’t be there so I’ll need to continue on to Kenya. I think Beckie is heading to Kenya tomorrow also (she is currently on a retreat with girls) and one other American family also needs their visas renewed.  Can you pray for all of us and the paperwork we need to stay in the country? As Uganda’s elections get closer and closer they get stranger and stranger about letting us stay here.  There are many things we want to be doing right now and sitting in immigration disagreeing with people isn’t one of them.  Anyway, so that’s what I’ll be up to tomorrow. Lazaro and his little broken leg will wait until Tuesday.  You can pray for that too. I am not looking forward to that trip either. 

1 comment:

dia said...

thinking of all of you!