Sunday, May 1, 2011

We make our own fun around here!


Thing have seemed a little heavy around here with sick kids and deaths but a few nights back Josh and Mandy’s girls came over and helped me make supper for their parents. It is possible I enjoyed it more than Josh and Mandy did. I suggested we make a restaurant and within seconds Lydia had voiced 20 ideas and had probably had 20 more but her brain moves faster than her mouth. She and Betty we off and running to make the “restaurant” look nice. Grace and Abella joined me in the kitchen and we rolled out pie crusts for chicken pot pie, stacked up some lemon cakes and mixed up some Kool-Aid.  They used the gazebo in my front yard, put out candles, set the table, even made a flag.  Betty, Helen and Abella had joined right in and I didn’t have the heart to send them home.  The evening was a ton of fun. They put on wraps and aprons, served Josh and Mandy like little waitresses and were so excited they could barely contain themselves. I expect we will be doing in again before too long.
Lydia and Abella after making flowers, setting the table, and hanging the welcome sign. Waiting for our "patrons" to arrive.
The kitchen crew takes a moment to eat!

No comments: