Sunday, May 29, 2011

6 clinics/hospitals in 6 days. Is that a record?

So this past week may qualify as one of the worst weeks of my life but things are finally looking up and considering I can tolerate having the computer on in front of me is evidence of that. I don't have the kind of energy it is going to take to write this thing down yet but blood work an hour ago failed to find any malaria parasites (finally!). The CBC did show anemia and an elevated white count and other stuff that I can't quite figure out yet. But today- rest. tomorrow we will try (again!) to head back to Soroti. Thank you all so much for your prayers. I'm sure that it was the power of prayer, not the power of the Ugandan medical system, that has me feeling better today. I love and miss all of you guys who put all those encouraging things on my face book!!
*Small side note: Beckie you did a great job putting up with me- thanks. If this missionary thing doesn't work out for you, you should look into nursing. I appreciate all you did this past week. I'm really glad though I never lost the ability to shower myself. 

2 comments:

Irun4fun said...

Been praying, Jennifer. Please keep me posted!!!

shirley said...

Praise to our Father in heaven that you are on the up. Still praying.