Sunday, May 29, 2011

soft collision of worlds

I'm still running low grade temps and honestly I'm pretty whinny so this post is sure to sound.... well either slightly delusional or incredibly toddler tantrum-ish of me. But I'm writing right now anyway.
I want a collision of two worlds. I have no idea what it would look like but I want to get up in the morning with an equatorial sunrise, to have my fresh ugandan tea with 2% milk FROM A JUG and cereal that I don't have to pick the ants out of.  I want to pack up my medical bag and head out to the village, then come back in time to have grilled cheese and tomato soup with my mom where we'll talk a mile a minute about everything from nursing to new recipes we each want to try. In the afternoon I'd love to take Betty and Abella to the public library, after we finish their homework and the 6 times tables of course. I'd love to go out to dinner with Nick and catch up on his life or invite myself over to Ben and Christina's and play with Isaac for a while. Then I'd like to spend the rest of the evening preparing material for the next time I head to Karamoja to visit the VHTs.  That is all. Just a simple day.

And all this may sound silly to you but it actually makes me tear up as I write. I love both my lives. I just wish they were closer to each other.

Don't worry- the play by play of last week is coming....

No comments: