Thursday, May 19, 2011

Roads

Lets see.... water on the left or hill after hill on the right... which is the lesser of two evils...
I’ve been traveling around a bit more by car in the last few weeks visiting kids. This is just a glimpse of the road to Job and Lazaro’s home. It is raining nearly every day now, which is wonderful for people’s fields and crops, but makes things a bit more challenging for me. I’m proud to say I haven’t been stuck (yet) this wet season but is hasn’t been for lack of challenging roads. For some reason (possibly a good one) some culverts were added to this road. But for some other reason (possibly less of a good one) they didn’t dig down and put them below the level of the road. They just set them and brought the road up to them. I’m not sure how this will work out when there is flooding….
If only I could just follow the bike path right down the middle....

1 comment:

Bemjamin Kragt said...

Jennifer,
Maybe I should see this as a blessing, but apparently spring in PA is similar to rainy season in Uganda. We also get rain every day and have a surprising number of impassable roads. Unlike you thought, I have gotten all manner of vehicles stuck in the mud!
Praying for you,
Benj