Thursday, May 19, 2011

Following up in Amuria.....

On Monday I went out to Amuria with Josh to follow up on the HIV/Aids teaching from February. (Feb story here) Several of the participants presented their action plans of what they left the training planning to do and what had resulted. It was really encouraging to hear in a variety of different ways how stigma was reduced in their homes, churches and communities. They told about a good number of people who became open about their status and were willing to discuss it. The pastors talked about encouraging people and teaching what they had learned. It makes me excited to prepare to teach it again the middle of next month in a different location. For those of you praying for me it will be another week long session in Katakwi the week of June 13th. Once again my prayer is that I can communicate something that helps people and is relevant but most importantly communicates God’s love and biblical truth.

Small side note- Unfortunately on the way home from Amuria there was some trouble with the motorbike and we took a spill. God was watching over us and it could easily have been worse and we ended up with mostly bruises and scrapes though Josh's bike is finished. My back hurts more than I care to admit but it is getting steadily better. I’m not up to running yet, which as anyone who knows me can guess, is driving me far more nuts than the discomfort but I’m trying really hard to just rest and give it a chance to heal. Thank you Lord for your protection!

No comments: