Monday, March 21, 2016

Work permit

Well, it has been three years and my Ugandan work permit is about to expire.  I'm trying not to stress about it and just trust God but I'm starting to get worried. I know everything here takes far longer and is far more convoluted that one could even imagine possible.  I've been mentioning my pending expiration to Dr. Moses since January and even this week he still doesn't have the papers I need.  Most of his stuff should be pretty quick like a copy of CLIDE's certificate of registration (as long as it isn't also expired), but others will take quite a bit of time like the a contract with a job description(which I haven't had for more than a year), and a Memorandum of Understanding with Fuel. I'm heading to Kampala tomorrow because one of the documents that I need in the application is a Certificate of Good conduct which I need to get from Interpol. And that requires a variety of documents.

  • Will you pray that all the pieces can be pulled together and I can get things submitted in time?
  • Will you also pray that God works out all the little details that are outside my control and I just trust Him to do his thing? 


No comments: