Monday, July 26, 2010

Another prayer request

In the words of my brother "Enough of a break, update your blog already!” So I'm back in Soroti. The retreat was very restful and very nice. I really felt Jesus calling me to spend some time with Him and it was sweet. The cities that we were in while in Kenya were astonishingly cold (all were at pretty high elevations) so I'm surprised I'm writing this but I'm happy to be back to warm Soroti. Passing back into Uganda they didn't give us too much of a hard time (though still only 3 months so once again I'll have to renew my visa in 90 days). I'm struggling a little with diving back into ministry so am glad it is Sunday and I have one more day to ease back into the flow.



One thing that I've been pondering and praying about is this feeling that I really need to learn more to better serve the people here in a nursing capacity. I'm doing a bit of diagnosis and treatment and have not found a doctor in Soroti that I can trust and work with. Which means instead of sending people to a local doctor I'm making it up as I go along. I'm asking for your prayers in this too. I've been telling myself that it is just insecurity and I can learn as I go but I'm feeling that more and more it isn't true and I could do a better job with some true training. I have no idea how or what that that could look like though. I'm just asking that you pray for opportunity and clarity.

No comments: