Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thanks for all of you who were praying for my time with Lazaro's family. (see July 9) Wednesday afternoon I went out to their home with Pastor Steven. I was picturing sharing a little with his mom and dad and possibly an older sister or two and hopefully then just talking with them and answering questions. Well, when we arrived there were possibly already 5 families there and a few more arrived later. Two families had come bringing handicapped kids that I had not met yet but the rest came because they heard I was going to be “preaching”. Oh, boy. It was raining pretty hard so we all gathered in one of their largest huts but people we still sitting practically on top of each other. I didn't prepare anything, thinking it was just going to be an informal conversation ( I hadn't even remembered to bring my bible!). But God is good and He provided the words. I started with I John 5:11-12 And this is the testimony, God has given us eternal life and this life is in his son. He who has the son of God has life. He who does not have the son of God does not have life. Lazaro's family nodded all throughout and they have told me they are saved. But I don't know where others who were there are at. I went on to talk about what does it mean to have the son of God and what I personally will be able to say when one day I stand before the throne. I've no idea what people got out of it but I'm praying God will use it for His glory. I spoke for really only 20 minutes but it took about an hour because it seemed to be translated into both Kumom and Atesso. I had brought with me posho and beans already cooked because I know that Lazaro's mom works so hard. I was apologetic when I brought it out that I had brought not enough because I didn't know so many people would be there. But when it was all put onto plates and passed out it seemed like plenty. Thank you Lord for your blessing!

1 comment:

Only your coat said...

Awesome testimony of His greatness in your life, life of others and His provision! Like the fish and loaves! Sweet!