Friday, July 30, 2010

Two extra weeks?!

We have just heard that the school holiday that is coming up is about to start two weeks early for the primary school kids (so 1st to 7th grade will have 14 more days out of school- and no idea why). Right now I have 6 kids here after school looking for something do to and I'm already a little frustrated with them. I'm not looking forward to having them with no school and free all day for a whole month. As Beckie and I have gotten busier it is harder to be intentional with these guys. So another prayer request: Please pray for extra patience, love and wisdom that we can use this time with them as an opportunity and not see it as just something that needs to be endured. There are some fun things that I'd like to do with them (like make pretzels or use play dough) but often the number of them is unmanageable and projects seem to be so much harder than with kids in the states. On top of that they seem to always be hungry and take time to clean up after. On the up side they seem to enjoy ANYTHING we have them do so washing the car becomes a great game for seven boys who needed to bathe anyway and the girls ask to sweep the floor.
The current front porch activity. It is starting to rain
so they are mostly up on the porch.
Coloring is somthing that they don't get to do at any other time.

2 comments:

Only your coat said...

Oh boy! His grace to you and Beck friend!

Dusty/333 said...

Just a small dose of tough love here for ya lady!
OK, so I have this question? Mind you, I'm not being sarcastic either!! Truly this is a serious question. what exactly are you doing in "this place" and with "these children." I know you were in limbo with nursing papers and credentials and not being able to work in a "nursing" capacity. Somewhere I got lost in the "can't work in a hospital right now, so instead I got put......" where exactly. For some reason I believe your not in an orphanage, so why are "you" the one in charge of all the kids all the time? Maybe you are in an orphanage type environment and I'm just clueless? Please explain this to me. When I pray for you I get mixed messages. I (unlike) you don't always believe that (we are right where God wants us to be.) Perhaps God wants us somewhere and we hit a detour on the way? Perhaps all your "continued" frustrations and lack of patience with these kids is because your calling is NOT working with kids? I know we've been through this conversation before. I get the strong feeling that you are passing through here on your way to the destination you set out for. It's very possible that God is going to leave you here in this place Perhaps and until you accept this and maybe even embrace it! Now start enjoying what your doing, realize that your changing lives each and every day.... AND I'll keep praying for you as well:) HUGS!