Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Headed up north




Oh my... I leave for the deep north Uganda, Karamoja region, in less than 12 hours. It was kind of a last minute plan so I'm not quite as prepared as I'd like and am a little nervous. I'll be there for two weeks and am really looking forward to it but don't really know what I'm getting myself into.  I'll be joining some American doctors and a few others. They will be flying up shortly after they land in the capital and I'll meet them in Moroto.  We're doing two weeks of medical clinics and teaching for one of the least reached people groups in Uganda.  At least that is what I think we're doing. We are staying in tents and it should be an adventure.

3 comments:

Stephanie Slotsema said...

Hey girl! I'm praying for you on your adventure up North! It sounds like an exciting trip. You are beautiful... share God's love through that encouraging smile of yours!!!!

Love,
Stephanie

Only your coat said...

Can't wait to hear all about it!!! I keep checkn hoping you'll post something :) Miss ya!

chiperific said...

All the references to tents! What is this, an extended camping trip?!?

Just kidding. It's good to see pictures of you, you look healthy and very happy.

I hope you've seen some updated pictures of your nephew. He's all smiles. He's got a pension for crawling head first into the pool room door, but he's Ben's son, so that seems to be explanation enough.

Susan and I have been praying for you and appreciate reading your posts. It gives us a good break from our West Michigan doldrums.

Don't boss those doctors around too much!