Monday, August 2, 2010

Today's funeral was... well... a funeral. A huge, African funeral with lots of long winded preachers and a few long winded politicians. (This is campaign season and evidently funerals are an audience that you don't have to pay to get them to come.) A few funny things- they managed to beat yesterdays record of number of people that can be crammed into the RAV4. I figure that as long as I'm the only person in the driver's seat and there is no one on the roof, then I'll let them keep piling in. I still have to figure out what I'm going to do it they do start tying things, like goats or chickens, to the roof but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
I fell asleep at one point (so did at least 100 other people so don't judge!) and woke up when I felt little hands on my back and discovered the kids behind me were holding me up so I didn't fall off the bench. All of the other women get to sit on the ground so they could just lay down or lean on each other when they got sleepy but I had to spend from noon, when we arrived to 5, when they finally wrapped it up, on a really low bench with no back. So, thanks little kids for holding me up. I appreciate it.

No comments: