Thursday, August 26, 2010

Karamoja

I'm back in Soroti- about two hours now. I have some serious processing to do before I write but here are just a few pictures until I have time to shower, sleep, eat, then write (in that order).
Femur fracture in a five year old.

View from the place where we were staying in Iriiri

Evening tea with the Village Health Workers/ local Midwives
They're Land Rovers- this road will be no problem.

Dr. Val (and Heidi) hard at work as always
A few notes of prayer too- I've been sicker these past two weeks than all of my time in Uganda. I have a hard time admitting weakness so this has really been a struggle for me. Also, this trip opened my eyes to some places that God is working. I really want to join Him in this work. Will you pray for clarity how to do that? I know that in many of my past few blogs I've given prayer requests and have not done a good job telling about how God has answered those prayers. I promise to do that in a soon coming blog. OK- stories to follow soon but I really need to sleep first.

3 comments:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

I will be praying for your health...and your callings to do whatever the Lord has planned for you....YOU CAN DO ANYTHING....You are an amazing woman.

Jennifer said...

Thanks Kelly for the prayers. It isn't me though- as proven by this last month it is clearly only God's strenght through me!

chiperific said...

Amen to that!
Wow, a flurry of posts! Things are starting to happen! I'm very excited for you!