Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Twins

 Here is an update on the two precious twins I went out to see last week (their story here): They are both doing well. The little girl hasn't seemed to put on any weight but is still strong, I'm sure she just needs time. The little boy is quite a bit fatter than a week ago.  I'm happy to report they have been given names, Apeo Mary and Ochen Joseph. (Apeo means first born girl of twins and Ochen means second born boy of twins).  The fact that they have been given names means that their father doesn't think they are going to die anymore.


I love going and seeing that they are doing well and giving the family things they need. I gave them more formula, soap, sugar and these warm blankets. They babies looked tiny wrapped in these big soft blankets but I'm sure they will grow into them. The mother kept saying God bless you. I told her I just get to give away what was given to me, so once again thanks to all of you who made blankets and gathered formula. These little two have a very appreciative mother!
One other picture just for fun- we walked a little ways to get to their home and this was an angry cow on the path that wouldn't let us pass. It always an adventure here!

No comments: