Friday, January 14, 2011

While I'm feeling convicted to continue to be honest, I have to share with you what God is teaching me. I've been reminded me of how much God loves each person... individually. It is easy for me to think of Ugandans in a lump. To think of them, as just that, THEM.  Especially in Karamoja where I don’t know names or individuals and in my mind they are THEM. But God doesn't see us as THEM. He sees ME. He knows me, knows my struggles, knows what makes me tick. He knows that I’m hopeless without Him.  So He went to great lengths for ME. Earth shattering, mind blowing, willingness to sacrifice for ME.
Then, as He is reminding me was what great lengths He went for ME, for US, He is reminding me that I need to now be willing to do the same. Now that He has me seeing people again as individuals, what great lengths is He calling me to go for one? For that one individual that is so loved by Him.  It makes me a little nervous that this is the lesson that we are working on right now…

So I looked at what I'm doing day after day. I like to teach things that can improve quality of life. I really like to do things that reduce suffering. But more than teaching about HIV or giving malaria meds, I’m here in Uganda to share the life changing knowledge of Jesus’ love. Right here, right now, how am I supposed to be doing that? When was the last time I really shared?  Who today needs to hear? Lord, please open my eyes….

No comments: