Monday, September 12, 2011

"Stick a folk in me, I'm done"

or alternately titled  "I'm out like the deaf kid playing musical chairs."
It's been a really long day. I'm exceptionally tired tonight. But I feel funny going to bed as there is a muslim on our front porch slaughtering a chicken, John the guard is telling me his “pockets are dry” (but I've already advanced him his wages for the 15th and we haven't even reached the middle of the month so I'm in the house hoping he'll just go away) and my dinner is ready in the oven and I'd like to eat. It is just a sandwich as I was too tired to actually make something. But I'm hungry and I'd really like to be consuming it none the less.  However, I feel funny eating it with all these people around and I have nothing to offer them. So it is hiding in the oven. And the power just went out. Great. Some days I'm just ready to be done. Tonight is one of them. 

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

It sounds like you need a little vacation. Not that I'm counting, but you'll be in Michigan in less than two months!! I'll make you dinner, just let me know what you want :)