Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Well, that was fun!


It was going to be so simple.....

I had mentioned a week ago to a church leader in one of the village churches that I’d like a little video time of their kids worshiping. But as I didn’t want to be a distraction during church I asked if the following week we could just have the kids sing a little more after the service was finished.  They happily agreed and I was looking forward to it as the kids in this church dance, sing and generally have a great time when they are worshiping. I also mentioned it to Jim (a team mate) and he said he had a friend who donated this great recording equipment that we could use. Thinking it would give me a better sound quality than the little handheld camcorder, I said sure. We arrived to church on Sunday and discovered they had put together a 150+ child choir, 6 adults on instruments and another 20 or so adults directing and singing. They had rehearsed and there was choreography. Needless to say it wasn’t exactly what I was thinking. But as I’m getting better at rolling with the punches we just went with it. I video recorded outside then we went inside the church and had them do their program again so Jim could capture the sound. It is something alright and you can all look forward to seeing it when I come back to the states.



No comments: