Friday, July 13, 2012

I'm in trouble...

24 hours ago when I was writing this blog post (in my head, as I was in the heart of a Kenyan rainforest and it turns out there are no internet hot spots out there) it was a fun, upbeat post, with awesome animal pictures, funny stories of the random travel experiences I was having, like monkeys in my truck, and it was going to talk of how rested and relaxed I feel. Unfortunately, only one day later it is now a plea for prayer.

While trying to re-enter Uganda yesterday, I requested the standard 3 month visa. I was given two weeks and told this was the new law. I tried requesting more time, pleading, I would even have paid the bribe if the immigration officer had given me the opening but he was having none of it. Not really knowing what else to do I continued home and for the 3 + hours of driving I just when round and round about what this will mean for me and what I’m going to do.

This morning, I still don’t know what the next 13 days and beyond will hold. But I do know that “in all things God works for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose.”  Will you please join me in prayer?  I don’t really even know what my next steps should be….

And don't worry- I will share my amazing rainforest pictures soon. They are far too good to be pushed aside by stupid visa posts for too long. 

1 comment:

shirley said...

Praying for you, Jennifer. "Be Still and Know that I am God."