Friday, May 7, 2010

So- I'm not sure how to post anymore... in order, out of order, all at once, a few at a time... whatever. Here is my life rougly in the order it happened/is happening. It's a lot to read all at once. But there is it my life and thoughts all jumbled. 

Today I’m happy that I’ve been able to provid a few nursing services around the neighborhood. Akello cut off the top of his toe nail with a weed whacker, (I didn’t even know you could do that!) so he got a nice bulky pressure dressing. And a guy from one of the organizations that we work with got run into by a bike and had a large, deep shin abrasion. And Betty had one of the worst slivers I’ve seen in a while (but when you run around in bare feet all the time and have skin that is like iron on your soles it takes a pretty impressive sliver to penetrate and lodge itself in there). None of these people would have gone for any type of treatment so it was nice to be around to provide. And the carpenter finished my “medicine cabinet” today- Thanks to all of you who helped furnish it!!!

2 comments:

shannon said...

What a great way to utilize your nursing skills. Traveling abroad and providing medical services to those in need. I volunteer at a local hospital and visit with between 10-30 patients per day. It is so rewarding to know that my conversation with the patients, hopefully, brightened their day.

Only your coat said...

nice cabinet!