Thursday, May 27, 2010

Racing in Entebbe?

I've been mulling this over for a week or two now. I have not really decided but I'm thinking about doing a triathlon here in Uganda in Sept. There is a woman from Canada who works with World Vision and she was telling me about a tri in Entebee. Right away I said I'd love to train with her and shortly thereafter I came back to my senses. This is less than 4 months away and usually by this time of year I have a solid month of training already under my belt. On top of that there is really no swim-able water in Soroti and the bike I use here doesn't have a derailleur in the front or the back. But I love the thought of managing these challenges and racing in just 12 weeks. Really, at this point the biggest thing holding me back is time. I know that training can't be taken lightly and it takes time. Is this a commitment that I'm willing to make? To be tied up for several hours a week and be less available? But just the thought of creating this years training plan makes me want to lace up my shoes. So I guess here goes nothing....

1 comment:

Only your coat said...

Sounds awesome! I'll be prayn!