Saturday, August 6, 2011

Good news!!

I'm so happy to report that I found Immaculate and she is doing really well!! Tabatha spent a few hours with me yesterday locating them. We started at her former home and found a neighbor who thought she knew where she was living now. We all got back in the car and headed to a different village and then wandered around asking for her. It didn't take too long to get to the correct hut. Immaculate and her baby were taken in by an older woman who needed help around her house. I asked if the woman was related and I'm pretty sure she isn't but all three seem very happy together. They said there isn't much food to go around but the place looked well cared for and felt much more peaceful than the home Immaculate was kicked out of. I'm going to go so far as to say that this place is a much better situation. 
Look at this precious baby!!
On a completely unrelated note several of them practically laughed themselves off their chairs when I carried this bag of cassava from the car to their hut on my head. They begged me to let them take a picture. I don't see what is so funny.